The full Thistle tutorial ebook in English.
In the project I am describing five variations of thistle embroidery:
- Welsh thistle: viscose tassel, ribbon elements and embroidery with glass seed beads
- Scottish thistle: fan feather layout, ribbon elements and sequin embroidery
- Irish thistle: seed bead tassel, stumpwork embroidery with woollen and cotton threads
- Icelandic thistle: long ribbon elements, chenille embroidery
- Arctic thistle: parallel feather layout, ribbon elements and cotton thread embroidery
You can mix the variations to get 25 different thistles.
The book is 65 pages long and it is full of pictures and explanations of all the variations of thistle embroidery: Welsh, Scottish, Irish, Icelandic and Arctic.
Each book is available in PDF and Epub formats in different of resolution. The book is designed for the 2page spreadsheet so I highly recommend checking Epub file. Additionally there is a A4 file with useful schemes.
During the livestream marathon in instagram account @polalab you will be able to check live workshops about each variation. The videos will be available during a period of time: from 21st February to 10th March.
In the additional chapter you will find alternative way to create thistle petals and a 3d pendant thistle embroidery.
In the chapter Inspiration you will find samples of mixing the variations as well as the embroideries of marathon participants. After I finish my personal project I will update the chapter with additional pictures.
You can check my embroidery artworks closely in my blog:
or on the website:
The full Thistle Embroidery tutorial
- The full Thistle Embroidery tutorial